-- Nascar 08
Release Date: 23-Jul-2007
Developed By: Electronic Arts
Published By: Electronic Arts
ESRB: EveryoneOfficial WebsiteWhere to buyAdd review
NASCAR 08 will be the eleventh installment of the EA Sports' NASCAR video game series. It is currently under development by EA Tiburon. EA has confirmed a release date of July 23 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 2, and PlayStation 3. This is the earliest that EA has released a NASCAR game. It also marks the first time the original Xbox has been excluded from the NASCAR lineup since NASCAR 2001.
Tony Stewart will be on the cover of the game, marking his third appearance on the cover of an EA Sports NASCAR game. The Car of Tomorrow as well as the current car will be present in the game, although current videos show the Car of Tomorrow to be generic (no separate manufacturers). You will be given the option to race the current car or the Car of Tomorrow in every NEXTEL Cup Series event. ESPN's NASCAR coverage will also be integrated into the game. Crew chief dialogue for the game has been recorded by Chad Knaus. The Whelen Modified Series will not be included in PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game, but the series will still be present in the PlayStation 2 version.
* Race in NASCAR's top 3 series: Craftsman Truck, Busch, and NEXTEL Cup.
* Race the Car of Tomorrow experience the handling of NASCARís newest race car, and use new racing strategies to capture the NEXTEL Cup championship.
* New Career Mode complete challenges in the new Chase mode to earn licenses and contracts that unlock unique specialty cars.
* New 3-D Cockpit.
PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360
* Next generation graphics.
* Gain new experiences during every race then modify your cars handling with over 40 tuning options to truly master every track.
* Share setups with NASCAR 08's online community, then challenge up to 11 other online racers at the same time.
* The Chase mode in which you complete various tasks like drafting and passing to earn licenses for cars or specific tracks.
* Vehicle Telemetry Visor (VTV) Monitor your carís telemetry on track for real time feedback on your carís handling.
* Day-to-night transition during appropriate races.
* New Instant Replay feature with the ability to save race replays.
* SIXAXIS Steering Control (Playstation 3 only)
* Download content including tracks and special paint schemes. (Xbox 360 only)
User ReviewsFound 5 Reviews (Add review