-- Spider-Man 3
Release Date: 04-May-2007
Developed By: Treyarch
Published By: Activision
ESRB: Rating PendingOfficial WebsiteWhere to buyAdd review
Spider-Man 3 is a video game based on the Spider-Man 3 film. The scenario draws from the film, Spider-Man comics and the Marvel Universe. The game will feature ten villains including the movie's primary villains Venom, New Goblin, and Sandman.
These are some of the various features that will appear in the game. These are all that have been heard of and seen so far. Note that these features have only been confirmed in the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 versions of the game.
* Manhattan in the game is far bigger than in Spider-Man 2 and is actually the biggest city made for a Spider-Man video game. The game will also feature over 20 miles of sewers and subways.
* Spider-Man has a brand new combat system that was worked from the ground up and includes more aerial moves and web attacks, something the game designers really wanted to add into it.
* Part of the game puts the player in control of the Black Suited Spider-Man where Spider-Man's combat system has more brutal moves and a "Rage" system that allows the most aggressive moves in the whole game.
* Rather than cutscenes, the game will feature "cineractives" that are button sensitive. Game director Chris Arcer explained that all the gameplay is playable, including what would be included as a cinematic.
* There are 10 storylines (one of which is the movie storyline) and all the crime is caused by 3 rival gangs that will interact differently as the Artificial Intellignce in the game is improved due to next-gen technology.
Characters (known of so far)
* Peter Parker/Spider-Man (voiced by Tobey Maguire)
* Flint Marko/Sandman (voiced by Thomas Haden Church)
* Harry Osborn / New Goblin (voiced by James Franco)
* Eddie Brock/Venom (voiced by Topher Grace)
* Scorpion/Mac Gargan
* Lizard/Dr. Curt Connors
* Kingpin/Wilson Fisk
* Kraven The Hunter/Sergei Kravinoff
* Rhino/Aleksei Mikhailovich Sytsevich
* Carlyle 
* Gwen Stacy (voiced by Bryce Dallas Howard)
* J. Jonah Jameson (voiced by J.K. Simmons)
Vicarious Visions and Treyarch are both developing the Spider-Man 3 videogame. Because of their different ideas for the game, the versions of the game will be different for some consoles.
PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
The PlayStation 3 will be similar to the Xbox 360, but with exclusive content for the collector's edition. The PS3 version will include the ability to play as New Goblin using the SIXAXIS motion control to maneuver the glider and will also feature additional commentary by Bruce Campbell. This version of the game is being developed by Treyarch.
In this version of the game, Spider-Man will start in the red & blue costume, before switching to the black suit at a certain point. Spider-Man will remain in the black suit until a later point in the game, when the player has managed to rid him of it. Different moves will also be available whilst in the black suit.
VideosView 1 Videos
Game NewsGo to Page: 1 2 3 4
All News Items
Go to Page: 1 2 3 4